Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HEY DR BOB -- US SURFER DUDES JUST DONATED YOU YOUR FOUNDATION AND WE FEEL GOOD !!
May 23, 2011

Dr. Bob,

First off, we (your mates) want to Thank You for always being there for us. You are such a Cool Doctor. We rounded up some funds and donated $50.00 just now on our Credit Card. We appreciate you very much. I hope some day you can visit us here "Down Under" and we can meet you. We cannot Thank You enough for all you do for everybody around the World. And we have decided to donate to your Foundation a few times a Year.

Just so we are clear - I read my post and I thing I confused the last question. So I CAPITALIZED it in a different way -- Would you mind taking a quick second and throw us up an answer - to be accurate.

Hope you are all and well!! Hope you got some time off, took a vacation and relaxed since we last spoke. I have an issue maybe you could help me with.

I dropped my car off to get fixed at the auto dealership. Once I picked up my car I drove it home. On my key ring there was a ticket that was stapled together. Actually not stapled to well. When i went to ripp of the tag the staple punctured my finger and it bled like the dickens. So my question is. If somebody who was at the dealership -- Assuming that person was an HIV+ person... If that person would have done the same exact thing -- stuck themselves with the same staple and it bled (because the staple was exposed), and then hit me. If indeed they were HIV+ and they punctured themselves in the same manner and it made them bleed like it did myself. Now 2 hours goes by and the same thing happens to me with the same staple in which it indeed did (punctured and made me bleed). What would my chances be of catching the HIV virus like this? Because it actually would of punctured and made the other person bleed just like myself and it nailed me 1 and 1/2 hours later?

What are the chances here of catching the HIV virus if indeed this happened to the person who was at the dealership AND HE WAS HIV+ AND STUCK HIMSELF AND BLED QUITE A LOT WITH THE SAME STAPLE and I GOT STUCK THE SAME WAY BY THE SAME EXACT STAPLE FROM THE SAME END OF THE STAPLE THAT STUCK THE HIV+ PERSON AND I BLED QUITE A LOT? What are my chances of catching HIV from this episode?

Sorry for the redundancy but I wanted to make sure you understood the question.

It was and always will be a GREAT PLESURE donating to your Foundation.

Thank You Dr. Bob for always being there!! We love you man!

Sufer Dude!!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Surfer Dude,

Even with the capitalization my assessment and advice remain unchanged: no risk.

Cheers,

Dr. Bob

Previous
Donation made and my thanks! (Irish guy!)
Next
about you

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.