Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Irish guy back again with a question - It's been a while Doc!
May 21, 2011

Dearest Doctor Robert,

I hope you are keeping well. You may (or may not!) remember me - several years ago you answered my question regarding unprotected sex with a spanish guy and gave me impeccable advice, easily meriting my donation to your foundation. Since then I have heeded your advice on safer sex, although I am concerned about an 'encounter' this week which I hope you can once again advise me on (I pledge to once again donate if you can spare a moment to respond).

In a nutshell: Met a guy, we ended up kissing followed by oral and mutual masturbation. No rimming and no anal (as no condom available at the time). I didn't consciously have a any semen in my mouth but our penii did touch after we both ejaculated.

At the end of the encounter I noticed several patches of blood stains on the front of my underwear which worried me. The guy had a pierced lip and that was my first thought when I saw the blood. It was only afterwards that I realised that this was most likely my own blood, probably resulting from the head of a small wart on my penis falling off during the encounter. (The wart is no longer there).

I'm wondering if I need to take a HIV test (after the 3 minute window) and just HOW risky you feel my encounter was. Again my sincere thanks for you for your professional advice and time and I promise to fulfil my end of the deal (donation!) if you can advise me.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Irish Guy,

Welcome back to the forum. Glad to hear you've been adhering to safer sexual practices! BRAVO!

Your recent encounter would have a negligible risk for acquiring the virus. The only reason to test would be to gain psychological peace of mind. I'm confident the result will be negative.

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending my good-luck/good-health karma that you are now and will forever be HIV free. By the way, I very much enjoyed a recent visit to Dublin!

Good luck. Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
HIV through sharing food/drinks/etc?
Next
blood in urine and HIV risk

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.