HEY DR. SUFER BOB --- WERE STILL ALIVE AND WELL HITTIN THE SWELLS!

Dr. bob,

Hope you are all and well!! Hope you got some time off, took a vacation and relaxed since we last spoke. I have an issue maybe you could help me with.

I dropped my car off to get fixed at the auto dealership. Once I picked up my car I drove it home. On my key ring there was a ticket that was stapled together. Actually not stapled to well. When i went to ripp of the tag the staple punctured my finger and it bled like the dickens. So my question is. If somebody who was at the dealership -- Assuming that person was an HIV+ person... If that person would have done the same exact thing -- stuck themselves with the same staple and it bled (because the staple was exposed), and then hit me. If indeed they were HIV+ and they punctured themselves in the same manner and it made them bleed like it did myself. Now 2 hours goes by and the same thing happens to me with the same staple in which it indeed did (punctured and made me bleed). What would my chances be of catching the HIV virus like this? Because it actually would of punctured and made the other person bleed just like myself and it nailed me 1 and 1/2 hours later? What are the chances here of catching the HIV virus if indeed this happened to the person who was at the dealership was HIV+ and got stuck the same way?

Thank You Dr. Bob for always being there!!

Sufer Dude!!

Hello Surfer Dude,

Once again your HIV-acquisition risk is nonexistent -- exactly like all your previous questions! I cannot determine over the Internet what is behind your irrational fear of contracting HIV. Perhaps talking with a therapist would help you better understand what's prompting so many unwarranted worries. You should be surfing, not worrying.

Should i still be worried about HIV? or am I just paranoid?
Bathhouse Glass Cut