Could I go down in the medical journals???

Dr. Bob:

You dont know how much it would mean to me if you could give me a brief answer. :)

im a 24 year old male from Ohio. I will actually be entering medical school in the fall :). 3 years and 6 months ago when I was 20 I had a one time act of unprotected vaginal and oral intercourse with a female who later I found out from her she had been with 20 men.

2 weeks after this I woke up and had a extremely red urethral opening and pain after ejaculation. another week went by and I became sick with white spots in tonsils, (pits with pus, not a covering) , low grade fever 99.5, cough, conjunctivitis, sore throat and swollen glands.

I went to my health clinic and got tons of antibiotics, I also went to my university and had alot of STD testing, herpes, NAAT for chlamydia , Gon and trich and a blood test for HIV , Hep B, syphilis etc all were NEG.

after a few months everything finally went away, but during my illness I also went and had a Undetectable HIV Viral load. this was 10 weeks after and my Doc said no HIV.

well because of the swollen lymph nodes and the prickling feeling I get at times in my toes , I have not been able to forget this and it has been now over 3 years and 6 months past this ONLY possible act.

so in all I have had over 30 NEG HIV EIA and ICMA HIV 1/2/O tests all have been NEG.

Last week which was 3 years and 6 months I had a NON-Detectable HIV DNA RT PCR done from lab corp and also a NEG ICMA HIV 1/2/0.

Quesitons:

From my understanding the HIV DNA RT- PCR is the same test they do on babies and was told if there was anything this would have found it being this far out.

in your opinion can I finally forget about HIV despite lymph nodes?

is there any way I can not be showing up on PCR tests and antibody?

Could this have been a sexually acquired Adenovirus?

thank you so much Doc. your response is Greatly appreciated.

1. Absofrickenlutely.

2. Nope.

3. Unlikely, but possible.

Your fears are irrational and the amount of testing you've had is extremely excessive. If my reassurance is not sufficient for you to put your unwarranted worries permanently to rest, I'd suggest you seek help with a licensed mental health professional to help you accept the overwhelming and irrefutable evidence that you are HIV negative. Irrational obsession with HIV may be a sign of depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder or hypochondria.

I think Im doing the right thing (PEP)
Appreciation for a good bloke