i got hiv through oral
May 20, 2011
i recently got infected by hiv through oral sex..i swallowed an annonymous guy i had oral sex with. why did this happen when they say its less risky? i do not have open sores in my mouth but i do tend to have some cheek biting issues? oral sex is the only sex i have. im so mad at this i dont know what to do, i got an initial flu like symptoms six weeks after the sex act. i dont have any symptoms now and am not on meds my t count is 665? how long will i be able to go without meds and should go on meds anyways? Thank you.
Response from Dr. Frascino
"Less risky" does not mean absolutely no risk! See link below.
I would recommend the following:
1. Establish care with an HIV physician specialist if you have not already done so. She will explain your treatment options.
2. Repeat your HIV-antibody test if you have not already done so to rule out a false positive.
3. Learn more about HIV treatment and prognosis by reviewing the wealth of information on this site and related links. Begin with "The Basics" and "Just Diagnosed Resource Center" that can both be easily accessed on The Body's homepage.
I'm here if you need me, OK?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Mouth After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Bumps On Penis After Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Does Doxycycline Cure Gonorrhea?
- Does Pineapple Juice Help With Vaginitis?
- How Long Does It Take To Get Genital Warts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.