Risk of getting HIV from Rapid finger prick Test. Worried!

Hello! I recently tested negative on a rapid HIV test. WAY LONG out of the window period! So Woo- Hoo! Silly me has gotten the funny idea in my head that I could possibly contract HIV from the rapid finger prick test that was given to me.

I understand this is quite silly. I also know that there are probably others who fear this and think it would be good to have an explanation in the archives of how this process works.

Thanks so much for what you do here and for your patience with people like myself. Your answer to this question will mean the world to me and hopefully the end of a nasty long time irrational fear of mine.

I have donated to the foundation as well, because I truly support all you are doing! Thanks again!

Best, very appreciative (probably OCD) lady

Hello Probably OCD Lady,

First off, I'd drop the "probably." Your fears of contracting HIV from a rapid HIV test are irrational. A detailed explanation is not warranted. Suffice it to say that lancets and pricking devices used for testing are "single use only." The testing materials do not contain any infectious agents. You can not contract HIV from getting HIV tested. Period. (By the way, I have addressed this issue many times in this forum.)

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well and WOO-HOO!

Can I Wohoo?
Homesexual man AFRAID of Homesexual men