Can I Wohoo?

Dear Doctor Bob, After 12 long weeks af anguish I got tested negative (4th generation test). Now, I needed to wohoo so bad, desperately (I was flaking my studies, my social life was fucked up and I drank a lot -every day though I know I had a "level 1 Higado graso" - not sure how to say it in english - literal translation would be greasy liver). They told me that about 2 years ago and said it was reversible(from what I understood level 5 is cirrosis). Not only that, I completely abandoned my rehab program because of a femur fracture last year which I'm afraid could leave me limping for the rest of my life. Do you think not doing theraphy for 3 months could cause me harm or only delay the process? I put a deadline to this destructive behaviour being it the day I wohooed (supposed to be today and just received my negative results). My next tests will be liver ones and I hope I am still at that stage and the failure hasn't progressed. I hope it can still be reversible but I have been feeling general malaise these last months and uncomfortable feelings like bloating or even pain around the liver area. I know This forum is not about this kind of illnesses but I deceided to tell you anyway, hope you don't mind. The thing that is preventing me to wohoo confidently is the following fact: The nurse thadt drew blood from me had a bandaid on one of her fingers. She used that hand to rub me cotton with alcohol, proceed with extracting my blood and then put another cotton and bandaid. It is possible she did touch the place where the blood was drawn (before, during and after the procedure). She did not wear gloves...I should have asked her to (But was kind of paranoid and frozen during the process). The bandaid was the kind of kids bandaids with colourful patterns and stuff. It was just at the tip of her finger. I saw something reddish or orangy at the tip which Im not sure if was blood but could have been. Could have been also some of the colours of the said bandaid, I was too paranoid to tell and wasn't going to tell her "Show me your hand". Now I did this at a reputable lab and shes a nice old lady (about 60 or so) nurse who is always there and this is not the first time she draws blood from me. The thing is her work is mainly drawing blood from people...So what if her wound was from a recent needle prick or she had one before? When I asked her she said she put it on for the kids or something like that (maybe cause she saw me so paranoid that even I requested to sit on another chair rhather than the regular one where everybody sits to get blood tests. I am beating myself for not asking her to wear gloves (I knew she had them). So Bottom line, and please excuse my rant...Can I Wohoo and get on with my life, stop doing self destructive things, focus in my studies again, go back to therapy, check out my liver etc? I know any doctor would tell me I should do that anyway but the window period paralyzes me every time. I suppose you can understand this. I will not deal with hookers anymore that's for sure. I don't need a full response if you feel it is unecessary or are in a hurry. Just a Wohoo would do. But any other insight or advice is appreciated and welcome too. I'm worried about my health and my life stinks at this point and am willing to improve it. Is a wohoo in order? Thank you very much. The unwohooable

PD: I hope my liver problem remains reversible and can have another wohoo but feel somethings not right inside me (apart from my mind of course) and also look forward to the blog you were going to post about HIV testing and diagnostics...Where could I find it or where should I look to keep me informed? I have suscribed before to The Body's bulletin but then decided to quit because not all the information I got on my inbox was of interest to me at the time. Aids fear has fucked my life in many ways and it would be a paradox if I now end up limping and with a bad liver or cancer because of that, partly because of my fear of HIV. I also smoke a lot and was planning to lower it these days. If you tell me I can WooHoo I'll do it and try to get my life and health together again. I got too many problems and expenses now (haven't even payed my Law tuition for 4 months and had to go back living with my mother and rent my apartment). That's not all, a month ago I got robbed by masked robbers with guns while on my car ant that was an added shock. But as soon as I can pay my debts and keep my finances (and health) in order I'll surely make a donation. Thanks again. Greetings from Peru. The unwohooable

Hello Un-woo-hoo-able,

I'll be brief: WOO-HOO. Your fears about contracting HIV from the Band-Aided nurse are irrational and unwarranted. Your insistence on sitting in a different chair to get your blood drawn goes well beyond paranoia and right into looney tunes land.

I agree you are totally screwing up your life. Drinking excessive amounts of alcohol while having "higado graso" is indeed self destructive. Smoking cigarettes will also kill you in a very undignified and painful fashion. HIV is not your problem, but you do have very significant medical (alcohol and tobacco abuse) and psychiatric issues that require immediate and ongoing care.

Anxiety and HIV Symptoms
Risk of getting HIV from Rapid finger prick Test. Worried!