Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Mexican guy "livin' la vida loca"
May 20, 2011

Hi Doctor Frascino...

Sorry...i'm not perfect english speaker..but i find your forum, and i wants to make a question about something which it's running around my head....and make me feel a lil bit of anxiety....

I'm a single man of 27 years old....my sexual life is very very very very very active...i love the sex...and i have a lot of sex in my life with a lot of different women.

I'm always tried to follow the safesex guidelines (always protected sex...even with the insertive oral..) but some of my sexual partners are fiends of mine...call girls...one night stands...some risky situations, i think....

One important thing is....always...absolutely always i dress my Mr Happy for the party...i always use condoms..but i'm a little afraid..that because my multiple sexual encounters, may i been infected by HIV virus...(it's true...maybe 50 sex workers and 50 friends the last 2 or 3 years..at least)

Do you think that an HIV test it's warranted???

by the way...despite the title...i'm not a Ricky Martin fan....Robbie Williams it's more of my style...and i never would say "no" to Kylie Minogue....i saw her in a gig the las week....and she's hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thaks for all Dr Frascino....you make an incredible job in this forum, in our fundation...and without a doubt you're an amazing doctor...

see you..mi amigo...

Gracias!

The Loco....

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hola Señor Loco,

Some of your sexual partners are "fiends"??? Hmm. OK, if you say so. But just in case something got lost in translation I should point out that a "fiend" is a demon or evil spirit. Well, I guess that's one way to keep things interesting between the sheets.

Regarding HIV-transmission risk, HIV cannot permeate intact latex. No way. No how. That you always "dress Mr. Happy for the party" should keep you free from HIV, assuming the latex condoms are used properly and don't break.

Routine STD (including HIV) screening is recommended every 6 to 12 months for sexually active folks. You definitely qualify.

Continue to play safe and you'll stay safe.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Worried till death.... donation to be made.
Next
Anxiety and HIV Symptoms

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.