Dr aRobert My CD4 is 320

Hi doctor, I am a young guy who was detected HIV Positive last month. So I did my CD4 test here in israel and I got the results. My CD4 is 320. But my concered is if should I take the treatment since My doctor in Israel told me that I dont need to take the medicine I dont know how it works in other country. I would really like to know your opinion please. I have been feeling so well living a healthy life , taking my vitamients and doing a lot sports to keep my body in a good condition. I try no to be stress since I knew I was positive. What I do is to be with a good seem of humor eating well and doing sports. I know so well if I become to feel stress, it will really destroy my health complety. But I am here fighting with this virus. Most of my time I feel good with full energy.

Sorry for so much writing Dr. I hope to hear from you soon

The published guidelines recommend you begin combination antiretroviral therapy when the CD4 count hits 500. I and a number of other HIV specialists recommend beginning treatment as soon as someone finds out he is infected, even if his CD4 count is above 500, to prevent damaging immune inflammation and to preserve immune function. We also have recent information proving that by taking effective combination antiretroviral medication you dramatically decrease the risk of transmitting the virus to your sexual partners. You can read much more about "when to start" treatment in the archives of this forum and elsewhere on this site. Have a look.

Good luck. Be well.

ATRIPLA/isoniazid
Licking Head of Dick