The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

'll fix an international card to donate

May 18, 2011

Hello Doctor, first sorry for my English, it is possible 7 anti hiv testing of fourth generation (137dias, 205dias, 256dias, 286dias, 301dias, 320dias, 383dias) made in three different laboratories do not detect the infection? Should not produce antibodies, not detect the p24 ag? I also vrdl, HTLV, hep c, hep b, 6 and 1 year all negative. Did immunoglobulin igg 1230 (600-1500), immunoglobulin igm 74 (50-350). 1.1 CD4/CD8, CD4 812. My symptoms are persistent and follow me after the accident - tingling, numbness in the body, gastric reflux, candida penis, folliculitis, hairy tongue, alopecia areata. I need more tests? Thanks. S©rgio Ricardo.

Response from Dr. Frascino


Your repeatedly negative fourth generation HIV-antibody/antigen tests out to 383 days are definitive, conclusive and WOO-HOO-able! HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV testing is warranted. Your other tests (VDRL, hepatitis C, hepatitis B, immunoglobulins, CD4 count, etc.) are completely normal.

I can't diagnose the cause of your symptoms over the Internet, but what I can do with absolute certainty is advise what is not causing them: it's not HIV, hepatitis B or C, or syphilis. It's possible anxiety and stress are contributing to your symptoms.

Dr. Bob

I am the "very worried..maybe too worried" guy...Please ignore my last question because...
Do I smell funny...redux :)

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint