I am the "very worried..maybe too worried" guy...Please ignore my last question because...

I just got back my test results and I was negative for all types of STDs...including the HIV test (I know it was done way too early but it doesn't hurt I guess)... I know that is good news(I know you said I was very low risk anyway but does this make it even lower?)...Now I have a different question...Since the frequent urination and slight pain I felt was about between 1-2 days after sex, I immediately went in to get checked... My urine (and blood) was taken exactly 60 hours after potential exposure...Is that enough time for it to be detected in my system? (I know it is not for HIV...but for chlamydia?) I am in Japan and I am sure that they are pretty good with this stuff, but I checked online and it said that it takes a 4-7 days for some of these STDs to be detected... Should I continue with the 7-day antibiotic plan (I am on Day 2)just to be safe or just don't worry about it (the doctor said I do not have to continue on it)... I thought that the frequent urination had to do with the ridiculous amount of alcohol I drank that same night (I have had it happen before)and the fact that it only lasted 2 days (I only took one anti-biotic pill during that span)probably means I am in the clear...Am I right?... I feel fine and despite some slight nervous sweating at night (I think due to stress), I do not see anything wrong with me... What do you recommend?

By the way, you provide a great service...especially for someone like me dealing with a language barrier with his doctor...

Very worried...maybe too worried? Please advise Part II (Submitted May 17, 2011) Wow! Thank you so much for the prompt response...If you don't mind, I have a some other questions...my doctor here does not speak English (or at least, very little) and so I just want some clarification:

1) I have been on antibiotics for two days now...Last night, I freaked because my neck felt like it was swelling. You really could not see anything visibly but it felt tight...I went to bed and woke up the next day and it felt fine...Is this the result of antibiotics and stress? Reading the side effects for all sorts of SDI's online is driving me crazy...Neck still feels fine right now, no sore throat or anything...

2) I had an extremely dry mouth during the encounter due to drinking ridiculous amounts of alcohol and having been taking antihistamines for allergies...No cuts or dry lips just a real dry mouth and tongue...I stopped taking the antihistamines and my mouth was back to normal but now it a little dry again...Could this be due to the anti-biotics? When I drink water and chew gum during the day, it actually seems to be fine... It is at night when it becomes a minor issue...

3) I know this is not an HIV question, but is there a reason why I experienced frequent urination and some pain so quickly after sex(about 2 days)? I wish my doctor here could answer but he just looks at me and tries to go through his English dictionary...I have experienced this before after sex with my wife..could it be possible I picked something up from her? It always goes away after just 2 days...

4)Right now it has been four days since the encounter and I look and feel fine (except for what I mentioned above and the extreme stress)...I have a circumsised penis, used condoms in vaginal intercourse and BJ only (did not touch her backside)...so I should be extremely low risk? I know you answered this before but the fact that she was from a girly bar scares the pants off me...

5)I have actually been feeling pretty good physically during the day but when I go to sleep, I have had a little issue of night sweat... I have experience this before when stressed (I think this is the most stressed I have been in my life)...The sweat is not actually that bad but I noticed this and dry mouth as symptoms of bigger issues and I wanted to make sure... Do you think the night sweat is simply ridiculous stress and maybe antibiotics?

You are providing a tremendous service! I promise to get an HIV test again at 4 weeks and then again at 12 weeks (I will finally be back in the states)...I will also see a psychologist as well (as you recommended)... I swear, every response you give me, will bring in another donation...I don't think you realize how helpful you are to people with these type of questions...especially someone like me who can't get any answers for the time being except by going online (which is just scary)...Thanks again...

From the information provided I would agree with your doctor: antibiotics are not warranted. Regarding STD screening, it depends on which STD you are screening for and also what type of testing assay is used. At this point you appear to be symptom free. I'd advise discontinuing the antibiotics and, assuming you remain symptom free, getting a single HIV-antibody test and any additional STD screening recommended at the three-month mark. This is primarily to gain psychological peace of mind.

Good luck. Be well. Stay well.

Pregnant with indeterinate western blot
'll fix an international card to donate