Question for the Bobster
May 17, 2011
Greetings handsome Dr. Bob,
I read a question recently asking you about vitamin deficiencies. Recently my doctor told me that he could tell I had a deficiency of Vitamin C, resulting in my condition of pellegra. My question to you is, would my condition hinder formation of antibodies, since Vit C is known for supporting the immune system? Is my 5 month test conclusive, considering I am suffering with pellegra at the moment.
Response from Dr. Frascino
Vitamin C deficiency would not affect HIV-antibody test results.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Odds Of Getting HIV Giving Oral Sex
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute?
- Chances Of Catching AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Itchy Testicles After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Discharge After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Does Bactrim Treat Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.