Rapid Test Needlestick Validity from late 2008: Very Alarmed!

Hello. In December of 2007 I had two very brief (less than a minute) sexual encounters which I felt put me at risk for HIV/AIDS. I did not come to this conclusion until 8-9 months later when I decided to go to Planned Parenthood and get a rapid needle stick test. The result of course was negative. I recently became worried again about exposure (very unrealistically) because of an incident at the bar I work at which you already cleared up for me and then just recently because of another incident in which I was bartending and someone threw up a bit on my bar and I did not directly touch it but long story short I realized i had a cut on my hand (probably from my overreaction to their getting sick) and I feared I may have touched a rag someone used to clean it up. Its all pretty silly, I know.

My true question is once I became worried about that I was looking here about some of the rapid test giving false negatives around that time. Mine was done in september or october of 2008 if I remember correctly.

I can tell that this is probably OCD getting the best of me... but this honestly feels like something I should ask would truly like an answer too because I do not want to become a habitual HIV tester when it is not necessary. I am really working to have a healthy loving life and be a good person and cover all of my bases. You know?

I have also just made a donation to the foundation in support of this great work you are doing. Thanks so much for being here!

I agree your recent worries are "unrealistic" and "pretty silly." I also agree your renewed worries about your negative HIV-antibody test are due to your OCD being OOC (out of control). If my reassurance is not sufficient for you to shake your fears, you could get a single HIV-antibody test to gain psychological peace of mind. The result will undoubtedly be negative.

Thanks for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending my good-luck/good-health karma that you are now and will forever be HIV free.

Good luck. Be well.

boil on the side of penis
8 days after PEP and having kidney pain plus few white spots/coat on tongue