Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

what is my risk? pls help
May 14, 2011

Hi sir, I wrote once to you before but there was no reply. so I'm writing another 1.

I'm a foreigner from Malaysia. Had sex with a prostitute back in Feb. It was protected vaginal sex and unprotected oral sex (giving)but after 2 weeks I got chlamydia. Was it through unprotected oral sex? Went to for a checkup and took doxycycline. The doctor told me has not encountered a patient who gets HIV through protected sex.

Knowing this. I had sex another time with a prostitute in April, it was protected sex and unprotected oral sex (receiving). Now I'm having a bit of sore throat, mild pain while swallowing my saliva and my chest and back have this red dots spreading all over. this red dots look like mosquitoes bites. And also my whole body itches. not intense itchiness.

is this signs of early HIV symptoms cause I'm starting to get worried.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Foreigner from Malaysia,

Yes, it's theoretically possible to contract chlamydia via unprotected oral sex, although I'm not aware of any reliable clinical study that has been conducted that measured the actual risk of oral transmission. Chlamydia has been isolated from throat cultures.

Regarding the risk of HIV transmission from oral sex, see link below.

Symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. If you have placed yourself at risk for acquiring HIV, symptoms or no symptoms, you should get an HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Q213970.html

Previous
"Discontinuing PEP after 7days on doctors advice!...what happened next"
Next
I had tests but Im still worried

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.