Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

in love and need expert advice on what to do
May 14, 2011

i am a 27year old male medical doctor currently in a relationship with an HIV positive nurse from our hospital. Wehave been in this relationship for way more than a year and are really in love. We have had amasing protected sex for that period and are both comfortable with it. I do want to marry her but the problem is how do i get to convince my parents and relatives that she is the one for me. Also how are we supposed to keep our sex life interesting in the face of her condition. i come from a community where hiv is equivalent to a death sentence and so most people do not expect to see you alive 10 years after diagnosis. She is currently on HAART for the past 5 years and is growing even stronger. Please do help.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

How do you convince your parents and relatives??? Hmm. A better question might be: why do you need to convince them? Exactly who is marrying Nurse Good Body, you or they? If she is your Mrs. Happily-Ever-After, that's all the information your parents and relatives really need, right? You're a physician, frevinsakes! You certainly understand the medical risks involved in a magnet relationship, even if your relatives and community do not. You and your fiancée should read through the chapter in the archives devoted to magnetic couples. It will provide you with plenty of ammunition (information) just in case you need to discuss the topic with your relatives. Also, see link below for some very recent and very encouraging HIV prevention news.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Q215098.html

Previous
New Info Atripla Every Other Day?
Next
DNCB treatment

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.