tested oraquick after 2 years from relationship

Hello, Dr.Franscino! I'm a woman, my age is 23 and from Asia.

May I ask a question about oraquick?

I had a relationship with my ex-boyfriend about two years ago. It was the only relationship I had in my life. Now we are in separated status, but suddenly from this month, I've got some physical symptoms like pneumonia and red spots all over my body. I thought I wasn't sure whether my ex-boyfriend was hiv(-), so I had the oraquick tested yesterday and I turned out to be hiv(-) on it.

I read many posts on this site, and I found most people getting their 12 week test. But in my case, yesterday was my first time to get tested, and it has already passed almost 2 years from the time I had my relationship with ex-boyfriend. And I'm worried that in some cases it can turn out to be false-negative. Is it possible to get false-negative result when I get tested after 2 years from the event?

Or can I say WOOHOO and trust the result in my situation?

Thank you very much doctor, for reading my long question.

Sincerely, A young woman from Asia.

Hi Young Woman from Asia,

Your negative OraQuick HIV test at two years is accurate, definitive, conclusive and WOO-HOO-able. HIV-antibody tests are considered conclusive when taken anytime after (even many years later) the seroconversion window period (usually defined as the first three months after exposure). You can read much more about HIV-diagnostic tests in the archives of this forum and elsewhere on this site. Have a look around!

Be well. Stay well. WOO-HOO.

Transmission
HIV-2 Early Testing