blood pressure cuff that bit me

Hey Dr. Bob, I followed your work for going on five years and asked questions and donated in the past. Good to see your are doing well. I see you had a similar question last year, but not quite the same and I am sure others relate.

I have been using the blood pressure machine at the local pharmacy to check blood pressure regularly. I roll up my shirt sleeve for accuracy. I noticed recently that the cuff has cut into my arm a few times...not like an open cut but bright red where it appears to have been bleeding under the skin ( I guess a bruise). Can hiv be transmitted this way if someone else had recently used the cuff and gotten blood on it?

Welcome back to the forum.

Your concerns are unwarranted. As long as your skin remained intact, there is absolutely no HIV-acquisition risk from the crocodile blood pressure machine. Bruised skin is still considered intact (not broken, cut or bleeding) and is an effective barrier to HIV.

Be well. Stay well.

Safe Sex for Positive male to have with negative wife
why my elisa is always reactive???