Safe Sex for Positive male to have with negative wife

Can a Negative female contract HIV from being fingered by a male Positive? I understand that there are no known cases of HIV being contracted by the sexual act of fingering. The danger will be if the finger has an open cut. However I was the virus ever tested to be inside the finger nail? I'm concerned that the finger being inside so long that maybe I could contract it from my husband.

You are correct. Fingering is not considered to be an HIV-transmission risk, assuming the skin on the fingering finger(s) is intact. HIV is not transmitted via fingernails. The duration of the fingering activity would not affect HIV-transmission risk.

I would encourage you and your husband to peruse the information in the chapter in the archives of this forum devoted to magnetic couples. You may want to consider implementing some of the harm-reduction strategies discussed there. Also, see link below regarding additional HIV-prevention news that was just released yesterday.

Be well.

http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Q215098.html

reduced risk of infection
blood pressure cuff that bit me