Chances of seroconversion after 8 weeks negative

Dear Dr. Bob, I recently completed PEP treatment from my exposure eight weeks ago. 42 hours after exposure, I started to take Truvada(only medication) and took for 28 days. Took the tests 4 weeks and 6 weeks ( with screening for other STD), and recently 8 weeks all negative. I became at risk after briefly receiving anal with another guy ( with me as bottom) for less than 5 seconds. It hurt so I didn't go through with it. I later found out that he was positive and claimed to be undetectable. I have not experienced any symptoms, just the effects of the drug ( weight loss of 7 pounds and weakness on my legs. I have started to feel better after being off the drug. From your experience, could this negative result still change? Thanks for your response Dr. Bob.

Your HIV exposure was extremely brief -- five seconds of unprotected anal receptive sex. You began a two-drug PEP regimen at 42 hours and completed a full 28-day course. You have had negative HIV-antibody tests at four, six and eight weeks; all negative. At this point the odds are all in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this brief barebacking lapse in judgment. However, you will need to follow the post-PEP testing guidelines to have a definitive result. The guidelines recommend HIV-antibody testing at four to six weeks, three months and six months from the date of exposure.

Good luck!

plastic wrap during vaginal sex
Drug regimens