Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Are there any more tests to consider?--will donate
May 10, 2011

Dr. Bob, I am back to ask a few remaining questions from a prior post. I have had multiple exposures over the last few years. These were with women that would give me an unprotected prostrate massage. Also had unprotected oral. I had a HIV test in 6/2008 for life insurance which was negative. My last exposure was in 9/2009. I have had multiple HIV tests. My last few were 78 week(HIV 1/2 antibody, HIV 1/2 western blot, HIV -1/2 RNA, and SIV(yes, SIV)). I recently at 82 weeks had HIV antibody, htlv 1/2, and HIV 1 DNA which were all negative. Then last week had an oraquick 1/2 fingerprick test(83 weeks) which was negative. I still have white coating on tongue, sore throat, muscle twitching, recent unexplained rashes, and bad floaters. 1) is there any way my tests could fail to detect HIV? 2) are there any other tests that could absolutely rule out HIV? 3)is there anything else one can do?

Please doc, will donate!!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

1. Nope! Gosh, you even ruled out simian immunodeficiency virus. Did one of your masseuses look like a bonobo???

2. Nope! Your testing is already definitive, conclusive, WOO-HOO-able, extremely excessive and move-on-already-able!

3. Yes! See a licensed mental health practitioner to help you cope with your irrational fear of being HIV-infected despite overwhelming and irrefutable evidence that HIV is not your problem.

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). Now yell WOO-HOO and stop chasing a disease you could not possibly have, OK?

By the way, I should mention there is a big difference between an unprotected "prostrate" (lying face down, as in submission or adoration) massage and an unprotected "prostate" (a gland within the male reproductive system that is located just below the bladder) massage.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Confusion over tests
Next
B Complex Deficiency Cause Delayed Seroconversion?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.