|US ENTRY WITH HIV
May 10, 2011
AM CURRENTLY PROCESSING A SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDY IN THE US FOR MY MASTERS DEGREE HOWEVER AM NOW SCARED AS THEY ASKED THAT WE UNDERGO MEDICAL EXAMINATION AND THAT AM HIV POSITIVE. MY WORRY IS DO YOU THINK I WILL BE ABLE TO GO TO THE US TO STUDY WITH MY HIV STATUS? I KNOW THAT OBAMA LIFTED THE BAN HOWEVER AM NOT CLEAR ON THE INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS AND ENTRY INTO US IF THEY ARE HIV POSITIVE. PLEASE HELP I CANT BREATHE AS THIS IS MY ONLY CHANCE FOR A SCHOLARSHIP.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Yes, President Obama wisely lifted the HIV travel ban in 2009. You should have no difficulty coming to the US for your masters degree scholarship.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Hair Loss An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
- Should I Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute?
- Dry Mouth After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Having Sex During Period What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.