Vitamines b12 and antibody

dear doctor

I had a sexual exposure to a sexual worker about 10 weeks ago. since then i had the following symptoms:

After three weeks: flu like symptoms after 3 weeks of exposure (no fever) which lasted 9 days, I went to the doRapid tests at 3 weeks which came negative. the doctor told me not to worry.

After four weeks White patch in mouth of about 2 cm diameter (no pain) which the doctor treated with steroids. I really freaked out as the color if my gum started to change and the complete mouth has been covered with a white coat, the white patch sometimes come and go, but is less appreciable than when I saw it for the first time.

After 5 weeks my hand started to burn and I had a funny feeling in the end of my fingers, like small ants walking on them and they became red and sweaty during all day, by the I lost about 4 kilos since the exposure even taking well care of myself (eating and exercising). lots of coff which lasted only 5 days.

At 5.5 weeks: I went to the doctor and performed several test ( blood test came normal, normal WBC and ESR) no sign of infections or increased WBC, but high levels of haemoglobin, HCT, MCH, RDW-CV. My hand where pealing after showers and asked if fungus was possible but he said no. Performed some STD tests which all came negative (gonorrea, syphilis, ureaplasma, etc...) all came negative. He performed also a Combo test which came negative. As I read in you web page that combo was not definitive I came back after 2 days and asked him to do a PCR RNA (100 UI/ml) which came negative.

At six weeks: Fast hearth beat and hypertension, doctor performed some tests and it came that my vitamin b12 was really low, he prescribed weekly injections to recover it (still taking them). He performed another blood test which had the following abnormal results: High WBC, MCH, but normal levels of cortisol, ferritin, glucose, thyroid was normal. I asked the doctor and told me that the high WBC was non viral, so not to worry again.

At 9.5 weeks: went to the doctor and only looking at my hands said had a fungal infection an gave me a cream, which is helping (hand peal less but still after showers). He also performed another combo test (negative again). He took also a urine sample for bacterial check and none detected.

Since 7 weeks joint pain in my fingers and what it seems to be a swollen lymph node in my pelvis.

I Am currently waiting to 12 weeks to have a definitive combo tests but the anxiety is really affecting my job (investment banker) and I am really concerned that:

1) is the PCR tests at 5.5 weeks representative and could it be that the accuracy of the test (100 UI/ml) was to small to catch the virus copies? If antibody and PCR are done at the same time, meaning that neither antibodies or virus is detected, is someone HIV negative? 2) what are the odds that at 12 weeks the test will be positive or shall I wohoo already now? 3) could the low levels of b12 postpone the creation of antibodies?

Btw I've just donated 500 eur to red cross HIV foundation, as I realized the importance of HIV prevention, how can I donate from Europe to you foundation?

Thanks for your good work, I think this page is really amazing.

1. Most HIV PCR RNA tests (quantitative) are not approved for HIV diagnosis due to the rate of false positives, other technical considerations and cost. False negatives are usually not a problem with this assay. Certainly an undetectable quantitative HIV plasma PCR RNA viral load would be extremely encouraging. HIV-antibody tests taken prior to the three-month mark are not considered definitive or conclusive. Certainly your repeatedly negative HIV-antibody tests out to 9.5 weeks would again be extremely encouraging.

2. I would schedule final rehearsals for your upcoming full-throated WOO-HOO as I'm confident it will be justified at the time of your 12-week definitive test.

3. No, absolutely not.

Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. From Europe the foundation can accept credit cards, PayPal donations, checks and direct wire transfers. Thank you for your willingness to help others in desperate need. In return I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma that not only will your definitive three-month HIV test be negative but that you will forever be HIV free.

Good luck! Be well!

serious concern
Very Big thanks from the Middle East