HIV from Prostate Massage

I visited a women who gave me a massage and offered a prostate massage. Foolishly I accepted, she wore brand new latex gloves and used a massage oil, she massaged for about 5 minutes. It wasn't until afterward did I start to think that I could have been exposed to the virus. Is it possable? Do I need to be tested? Honestly, I'm scared.. I don't want to infect my wife and punish her for my stupidity. Thank you for your help.

Massage, even a prostate massage, is not considered a risk for HIV transmission, assuming the skin on the probing finger is intact or ensheathed in latex. I should point out, however, "massage oil" could be incompatible with latex (condoms or gloves). Oil-based products can denature latex, increasing the likelihood the latex barrier will rupture.

Do I think you are at risk for HIV from the episode you describe? No, I do not. Neither worry nor HIV testing is warranted. Your biggest problem seems to be guilt. For that I'd suggest you level with your wife.

Significant Risk of Infection ??
Donation made - thank you! and a question on weight loss