Unrprotected Anal Sex

Hi Dr.

I recently was diagnosed HIV positive. I had sex with two partners in a short frame of time. When I asked both of them a month later if they were negative (they both said they had been tested), they both said they were negative, yet I am positive...someone has to be lying. Out of the 2 partners, one of them for sure came inside me, the other did not. Is it safe to assume that the person who came inside me is the culprit?

The real culprit is your decision to have unprotected receptive anal sex! Either of your barebacking buddies could have transmitted virus. HIV can be transmitted via precum; however, there is certainly a greater chance if full ejaculation occurs.

The important thing now is not to dwell on the past but rather focus on the realities of today and promise of tomorrow. Start by learning as much as possible about HIV, its treatments and how to stay healthy. There is a wealth of information on this site. Begin with "The Basics" and "Just Diagnosed Resource Center" sections that can be easily accessed on The Body's homepage.

I'm here if you need me, OK?

Be well.

PCR DNA Councellor
Just to say Hi!