Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

condom broke, its been 1 month now
May 7, 2011

I was on vacation in Dominican Republic and was given a blowjob w/o condom by a woman did not ejucalate in her mouth, except maybe some precum. Then we had sex, but the condom broke and my sperm got inside her. I'm WORRIED if she is infected. I did NOT stay inside her as SOON as I found out I pulled it out .maybe 10 seconds max. I caught a cold 1 week after due to HOT/COLD weather I live in Toronto. but the flu/cold stayed for about 3-4 weeks, went to see the Doc. he told me its a simple cold. went to see 2 other doctors, they told me the same thing, gave me flovent and another pump. Im worried I still have a cold/flu, I have had mild pain in the testicules for 2 days, mild cold/flu, had headaches in the beginning now its gone, I told the Dr. about my worries and he says I shouldnt worry so much, as I am the one who was penetrating the girl and that I have a hypocondriac tendencies. I am just scared what should I do, are the symptoms described to you, cold/flu, mild pain in the testicules, spasm in the right leg,coughing with mucus feeling like its stuck in around my chest, stomac digestive cramps ,maybe due to stress, plus I am off work due to depression and anxiety!!! What do you think... 1 of my relative died of Aids about 10 years ago... anyway please give me your feedback...Thank you!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

You had a relative die of AIDS 10 years ago. You are "off work due to depression and anxiety." You've experienced a recent condom failure while schtooping a Dominican Republic gal-pal while on vacation and developed a flu/cold one week later. I certainly can see why you would be anxious and depressed. Your overall HIV-acquisition risk is low, as your exposure was very brief (10 seconds) and we don't know the status of your gal-pal. Symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. I would tend to agree with the three doctors you've already seen. You should get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The odds are all in your favor that the results will be negative.

Continue to work closely with your doctor on your anxiety and depression issues. Medications (anti-anxiety and/or antidepressants) plus psychotherapeutic counseling could be very beneficial, particularly helping you through the three-month window period.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Thanks Doc...
Next
Anxiety Case: HIV-risk of sperm through underwear.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.