Please, please, please.. need your response.

Dr. Bob,

I'm a male, 25 years old. My scenario is this, In January 4, 2011, I think I had a risky sex experience with another girl (without knowing her HIV status), it is an unprotected sex. We did penis to vagina sex (2 rounds), she even gave me an oral sex in my manhood, we did kiss also, but no anal sex involved. After 3 weeks, I become paranoid, thinking that I got an STD from her. Because I'm seeing yellow stain in my underwear, but not a discharge. I did go to a urologist to check if i got infected with STD, after the Doctor diagnosed my urine sample, he said that I'm not infected by any STD, it's just me being paranoid, guilty and anxious. At first, I kinda not believe him, but after the symptoms in my mind was gone, then I'm OK. After that result, I got back on my normal life again. Then suddenly, in early week of April 2011, I felt symptoms, like joint pains (in the knee), dry skin, kinda fever, dry lips, a bit of sore throat lately, headaches. I thought of HIV, then the symptoms kinda become always there, because of my anxiety, guilt and me being paranoid again. Then I decided to get tested, I did go to a Social Hygiene Clinic, then the doctor there gave me an anti-body test, after a while we get the result and it's negative. I got a bit worry-free, but then again I remembered the window period that she is saying to me before the anti-body test. The risky sex experience with the other girl was on January 4, 2011, from there to my anti-body test on April 25, 2011, (which I got a negative result), I'm in, in the window period, right? But I remember me and my girlfriend did have unprotected sex last January 9, 2011, February 21, 2011 and April 18, 2011, but I believe that my girlfriend is HIV-free. Me and my girlfriend had a monogamous relationship for about 1 year and 2 months already. The thing that bothers me is that do I need to wait for another 3 months for an anti-body test, from the last unprotected sex with my girlfriend (which I believe is HIV-free) in April 18, 2011, or the April 25, 2011 anti-body test (which is negative) to me is conclusive.

Thanks Dr. Bob for reading my story, Hoping for your response and answer. Thank you and GOD Bless.

The HIV seroconversion window is defined as the first three months after exposure. Your potential exposure was January 4, 2011 and you tested HIV negative on April 25, 2011. This is obviously greater than three months and consequently your negative result can be considered conclusive. You are HIV negative.

You report you and your girlfriend are in a monogamous relationship (technically speaking, that's really no longer true, considering your recent extracurricular activities!) and that you believe she is HIV negative. If indeed she is HIV negative (and we know you are HIV negative from your recent testing), you have nothing to worry about and absolutely no reason for additional HIV testing. However, if your girlfriend is "monogamous" like you are "monogamous" and has sex with other folks, there would be a risk of STDs.

ABSENSE OF "MORNING WOOD"
Conclusive negative? (OVER TESTING LEADING TO FALSE POSITIVE RESULT, 2011)