Can I WOO-HOO, OR
May 4, 2011
Hi Doctor, Good Morning,
1) I had a safe sex four months back (04/01/2011).
2) On 31/01/2011 wester blot was performed (with out elisa).Below are the test results.
3) P24 weekly positive and remaining all are negitive.
4) After I have approched you I came to know WB tests should only be performed as confirmatory tests after a repeatedly positive ELISA (EIA, or rapid test).
5) And also you told me like "A "weakly positive p24" band on a WB without a previously positive screening test is meaningless"
Today I have tested elisa (after 17 weeks of exposure), which is ""non reactive"".
Can I WOO-HOO, OR do i need to go for any other testing like P24 antigen,DNA PCR and RNA PCR.
I am really thankfull to you Doctor, Gaving me lot of support during these 4 months.
Thanks for your Karma.
I will send my donation to "Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation" ASAP.
Response from Dr. Frascino
WOO-HOO! You are definitively and conclusively HIV negative. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No further HIV testing is warranted. I'm delighted my assessment proved to be true.
Thanks for taking the time to write back and share your good news! Also, thank you for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated and urgently needed.
Be well. Stay well. WOO-HOO!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Fear Of Hiv In Hypodermic Needles On The Ground
- Does Everyone Have Hiv Antibodies?
- How Long After Exposure To Hiv Does It Take To Test Positive?
- How Long Until You Feel The First Symptoms Of Hiv?
- Is There Any Way To Prevent Hiv Right After Unprotected Sex?
- Mycobacterium Avium Complex Home Remedy
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.