Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

did i get infected after 6 months negative
May 3, 2011

hello dr well this is my story im 19 years old im gay im a bttm so i had sex with a guys whose an hiv poz 6 months ago we had sex 4 times n it was unprotected he never came inside of me and after 3 months i got tested and the results were negative and i decided to get tested once again after 5 months n my results were negative so when i completed the 6 month of hiv exposure i got a rapid test at the 6 months of the window period and the results were negative my question is am i still in danger to come out poz after the 6 months hiv test was negative and im still worry about it cause they say that u could have the virus on your body but is asleep or is not active yet and it could take up to a year to show up is true...

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Your decision to put yourself at risk for STDs, including HIV, by having unprotected anal receptive sex with an HIVer was extremely unwise and potentially catastrophic! Fortunately you did not contract HIV. Your repeatedly negative HIV tests out to six months are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV tests are warranted (for this exposure). I do sincerely hope this experience served as a wakeup call and learning experience and that you'll never put yourself at risk again. If one continues to play sexual Russian Roulette, eventually he will lose!

Dr. Bob

Previous
HIV +
Next
hiv drug discovery from high speed supercomputers and drug resistance

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.