May 3, 2011
I have read sth about rectal sypylis, I was treated for a chlamydia and I still have ulcers in the rectum, is it possible that I have syphylis and that the blood test said negative, because one week before I was taking augmentine for my tooth?
Response from Dr. Frascino
Hello, It is possible to have a syphilitic chancroid (primary syphilis) in the rectum. However, taking Augmentin would not cause the screening test for syphilis to be negative. See link below.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Are The Chances Of Getting HIV From Blowjob?
- Are Red Spots An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Are White Bumps On Penis An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Night Sweats After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Vomiting After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Over The Counter Treatment For Oral Thrush
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.