May 3, 2011
I have read sth about rectal sypylis, I was treated for a chlamydia and I still have ulcers in the rectum, is it possible that I have syphylis and that the blood test said negative, because one week before I was taking augmentine for my tooth?
Response from Dr. Frascino
Hello, It is possible to have a syphilitic chancroid (primary syphilis) in the rectum. However, taking Augmentin would not cause the screening test for syphilis to be negative. See link below.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Sucking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Touching Dried Semen Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Vomiting After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause A Sore On Your Gums?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.