|HIV symptoms more than 6 months
Apr 30, 2011
Dear Dr Bob, How can I donate to your charity? I asked my questions 7 times.Will you please answer to me this time? I had sex with one philippino sex worker on Oct-2010.After a week i got symptoms that rashes especially on chest and upper part of the body,too much fatigue,abnormality in sleeping,bad constupation. After 2 months one of my lymph node below the ear become swell and it is continuing still now.I have improper digestion now,i am going to bathroom more than 3 times a day.But it is not going good.My stool appears as water with small round like items.I have oral ulsers now under my tongue.And also i am geting rashes irregularly.I tested 4 times with ELISA antibody/antigen method,the results were negative.The details are as follows At 5 weeks-ELISA AB/P24ag Negative. At 8.3 weeks-ELISA AB/P24ag Negative. At 16 weeks-ELISA AB/P24ag Negative. At 26 weeks-ELISA AB/P24ag Negative. I also my tested my blood for CBC,Liver function tests.All the tast shows good. I took the vaccine for chicken pox on May 2010. Dr Bob,I have these doubts. 1)Are my tests reliable and conclusive? 2)Do I need further testing? 3)Does the chickenpox vaccine affects the test results? 4)If the tests are reliable,then what is the possible thing for the swollen lymph node?
| Response from Dr. Frascino
4. There are literally thousands of medical conditions that can cause swollen lymph glands. I cannot diagnose the specific cause of your one swollen node over the Internet. But what I can do is advise what's not causing it: it's not HIV! Perhaps it is due to ear or sinus congestion/infection.
Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. But you knew that already, didn't you? Of course you did!
Be well. Stop worrying.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Distinguishing Characteristics Between HIV And AIDS Is
- What Are Side Effects Aids Cocktail?
- Orasure Hiv Test Accurate
- Why Does Uganda Have Lower Rates Of Hiv/aids Infections When Compared To Other Sub-saharan African Countries?
- How Long Does Epoetin Alfa Take To Work?
- Facial Wasting And Aids
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.