I think I found the answer myself... are they OK?... would like to donate...

Hi Doc... Here Im back to say hello and to tell you that after reading the archives I think I might have found the answersby myself...

Risk scenario 1: A man of unknown HIV status plced his hand on my naked shoulder where I had a tny, very very small cut.. Like a paper cut but not bleeding at all. I was a bit worried because I asked myself, "what if" the man had some fresh blood in his hand.

Risk scenario 2: Small cut on my thumb, 24 hours old (I remember that becouse I made it watching the Real Madrid - Barcelona football match last wednesday, bitting nails and skin, it was not really a cut, was like a hangnail that bleeded for a minute or so). So, the "cut" was of course not bleeding at all. At a gas station I had skin to skin contact with a man (while passing credit card and signing voucher). I got worried because that man had a wound on his hand, like the size of the eraser of a pencil, didnt look like it was bleeding, but was white and maybe fresh. "what if" his wound made contact with my 24hours old finger cut (not bleeding).

Answers I think might be right but not very sure

Answer for risk scenario 1: My risk is non existant, the cut was healed, very superficial and not bleeding at all, even in the case the guy was HIV positive and bleeding, it wont put me at risk because my cut was healed. Of course I do not even know if he was HIV positive. This is a casual contact scenario, not risk at all. Bleeding hand? Come on, thats just imagination...

Answer to risk scenario 2. Risk is non existent. Brief contact, less than a second maybe and not sure it did happen at all, of an open not bleeding wound with a 24 hours not bleeding finger cut and not knowing man HIV status, was not really any risk situation. That is casual contact, less than a handshake and of course, a handshake is a non risk situation. My 24 hours old not bleeding finger cut represents not risk, is like hangnail or something like that. Not risk.

Do you think my answers are correct? Will you like to add something or maybe Im wrong in something? Worries started by seeing the wound in the man hand. If my Eyes wouldnt have looked at his hand I wont be writting here, Im sure of that

Final thoughts

Im in good shape and good helth, I should stop worrying about this sort of situations that from every perspective are casual contact, things that had happened the last34 years of my life and that never represented a worry for me. I should move on...

Well Doctor Bob, maybe Im overthinking things and overreacting. I think all of thesethougts have to do with the first question I made you about my Daughter, remember? Of course after your answer I know she is OK. Im very happy with the answer and not worries about that.

I must confess you that reading other peoples questions brought me some anxiety I would like to get rid off. Superficial cuts, hang nails, fingering, etc., are things that happen to me everyday (not fingering, IM MARRIED and proud to say, a very loyal husband...is loyal the word?)...

Doctor, if Im ok with my answers and risk situations assesment on scenarios 1 and 2, and you think Im ok, words like "no way, no how" or "non existent" or WOO-HOO" will be really helpful... I promise not to bother you again with silly questions and to STOP worrying for nothing. Unless and just unless I have unprotected vaginal or anal sex, share drugs with a needle or born again from an HIV mother, I promise not to come back, maybe just to say hello and to tell you, if everything is OK, my "Roberto", my son, has born.To be honest with you, it is not very sure I will name him Roberto, maybe it will be Daniel, but I will let you know...

Doctor, I would like to make a donation for your foundation, but Im in Ecuador, can I do it by using a credit card or so? If not, how can I help?

Many thanks,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Scenario #1: Absolutely correct! Absolutely no risk!

Scenario #2: Again absolutely correct and absolutely no risk!

Thanks for using the archives to find the information and reassurance you desired: BRAVO! I hope other worried wells will follow your lead. I also absolutely agree you should "stop worrying about these sorts of situations . . ." and that you should "move on"!

To sum up: "No way. No how." "Nonexistent" and "WOO-HOO!"

Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. Yes, you can use a credit card from Ecuador. If you have any difficulty, just contact the foundation at frascinoaidsfound@sbcglobal.net.

Stop worrying! Be well. Stay well. (All is "well," including you and your daughter.)

Risk for top (with lambskin condom)
HIV symptoms more than 6 months