Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

7 months negative but symtomps
Apr 29, 2011

hi doctor i have done an unprotected vaginal and oral sex in bangkok on 21 july 2010. from then i am in a great anxiety. at 4 months after exposure did first hiv 1&2 ag/ab test on bamrungrad hospital, bankok. Result was negative. after 5 months again did hiv ag/ab in bangladesh. Result negative. at 6 months did 3 more hiv test (with a confirmatory test). all come back negative. but at 6 months my wife's(she has no exposure without me) hiv ag/ab result come positive(2.76). but with same blood we go another hiv testing lab. There result come back negative. they tested my wifes hiv 3 times. all come back negative. then i did my hiv antibody test at 7 months. result come back negative. and my counsellor tell me that you are free from hiv. but i have some problem. i feel pain in my leg musles, knee joint, shoulder joint. and i feel enormous tieredness. and also in a bad flu for one months. some white sore in my tounge. same problem with my wife. I am really worried. i want to know your opinion. am i really hiv free? are all of my recent symtomps for hiv? both of our hsv 1&2 igg and cytomegalo virus positive. please give me some answer. Thank you.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

So you've been "in a great anxiety" since banging cock without protection in Bangkok. No doubt, unprotected sex is indeed risky business. Your symptoms, however, are not worrisome for HIV disease. Rather, they are more consistent with anxiety and/or depression. Your repeatedly negative HIV-antibody tests out to seven months are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem!

Your wife's HIV tests are also conclusively negative. (She had a false-positive test at the six-month mark.)

Both you and your wife are HIV free. Your IgG to HSV and CMV indicate past infection and are not at all worrisome (or related to HIV).

Dr. Bob

Previous
please help
Next
DR. Bob What The Hell do you answer unwarranted HIV-acquisition risk Questions. BUT NOT MINE!!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.