syphilis treatment and reinfection

Dr Bob:

I was exposed to syphilis (from receiving oral sex only) about a month ago (I just found out the person was tested positive recently with secondary syphilis). I didn't have any symptoms, but I was tested and treated with Benzathine penicillin G IM, 1.8 g as a single shot/dose in the ER about a week ago and my test has since come back negative. Well 3 days later I was just going to engage in mutual masturbation and licking balls with a different person (no exchange of body fluids and no more unsafe anything). we met and masturbated ourselves and I licked his balls and right underneath it, but I never went near his perianal area. After we were done he got up and bent over to get a towel and I noticed some kind of small pinkish/red growth on his anus which made me nervous. I questioned it and he wasn't aware he even had it. I advised he be checked for syphilis even though I wasnt even sure if it was a lesion or just a small hemorrhoid. If by chance it is indeed a primary Syphilis chancre/lesion, did I put myself at risk for reinfection? would I still have been "protected" from reinfection since I was treated only 3 days prior? Needless to say, I am done with any kind of sex for a long time, and if and when it does happen, condoms and dental dams all the way.

What you describe is unlikely to be a chancroid of primary syphilis. Even if it was, you did not put yourself at risk based on the activities you described. Finally yes, the penicillin would still be protective three days after the injection.

Can i rely on HIV home test kit tool ?
HIV testing