Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Question
Apr 28, 2011

Hi Mr. Bob Sorry if my english isnt good enough 3 weeks ago i had oral sex with a sex worker(she was sucking my penis) and after 1.5 week I experienced a muscle pain but it was something like for 5 minutes or less and then after a while in other place and so on. It wasnt very painful it was more like stings. And so with the joint pain was the same. 1Qestion: What does look like arthralgia a myalgia during the ARS, should it be persistent, intensive, how long it lasts? 2Q After a 2,5 week i had sweats for 3 days without fever, is it possible to be sweating with no fever during Ars? 3Q I lost weight about 2 or 3 kg and how are looking lymph nodes during ars? are they reckognisable by just sight? what averege size they use to be? I m kinda messed and inpatient and dont wanna wait another 2 months for tests. Please answer and if you tell me where i ll also donate to your foundation becase I think you are doing a great job. Thank you

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Unprotected insertive oral sex carries only a very minimal risk for HIV acquisition. Your symptoms are not suggestive of HIV acute retroviral syndrome.

Current guidelines state that HIV-antibody tests taken before the three-month mark are not considered to be conclusive. Consequently you'll have to wait two more months for your official WOO-HOO! However, I can tell you that the statistical odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not acquire HIV from this sexperience.

Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at (www.concertedeffort.org). Thank you for your interest in helping others in desperate need. In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your conclusive three-month HIV-antibody test is negative. I'm quite confident it will indeed be negative.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Added Information that could change your answer -- Please Help
Next
CoQ10 and a question on herbal supplements embedded in regular multi vitamins

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.