Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Allergy Injections and HIV testing
Apr 28, 2011

Good afternoon Dr. Bob,

I first off wanted to say thank you for your wisdom, care, and humor that you provide on this site. You are a blessing to all the worry wells out there. I thought I would be an ex-worry well but have had some issues arise that make me want to get tested again. My test at 3 months for HIV 1/O/2 was negative and so was the STD panel. At 6 months negative for all the mentioned before. And at 7 months with Rapid Finger prick test was negative. My questions to you are:

1) I currently getting allergy injections for my allergies, would this complicate a HIV test?

2) My 3 month and 6 month test were before allergy injections but at the time my IgE levels were high, would this have caused a problem with HIV or STD test?

3) Was the 3,6,7 month test conclusive? Am I just psychologically un-nerved? I made a mistake of oral sex with a Sex worker (giving and receiving) and feel that that mistake is going to haunt me forever.

Can you please respond, some of my inquiries before have gone un-replied. Please can you send some Karma to help mentally get over this and tell me once and for all that I am HIV negative and can Woo-Hoo.

I want to make a donation but can't remember your donation site, please reply also with the site so I can donate again.

Thank you and God Bless!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

1. Nope.

2. Nope.

3. Yep. WOO-HOO!

Good-luck/good-health karma sent, but you really don't need it. What you do need is psychotherapeutic counseling to help you confront and conquer your guilt and your irrational fears of being HIV infected.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Broken Glove...Fever for 2 weeks
Next
Added Information that could change your answer -- Please Help

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.