Looks like KS to me

Ello Doc, Long story short, I've put myself at risk over the years having unprotected sex with girlfriends (I'm a hetero guy). I got tested a few years back using one of those mouth swab tests (the dude told me it was negative but I don't remember even looking at the thing). Since then I've not put myself at risk. The stress of taking the test was enough to make me change my ways. Over the past year I've began having terrible issues with my skin. Massive break outs on my face, neck and back. I went to the derm and he felt that the ones on my neck were related to sun exposure. He biopsied one and it didn't come back as any sort of cancer or lupus. The one on my face and back are cystic acne.

Last summer I developed a spot on my face, right below my eye. I thought it was another one of those sun spots, but it never went away (all the others did). The spot is purple and puffy. Now I've got a similar spot on my chest, which is never exposed to the sun, and another one on my arm.

Now I'm worried. I googled (I know, bad idea!) and KS came up. To be honest, this is what the places on my face and body look like. I'm very concerned. Should I be? I'm not sure what steps to take: get another HIV test or go to the derm to get the places biopsied? Don't want to be told by my derm that I have KS.

I've been trying to keep myself calm through all this, but the doubts keep niggling in my mind. I thought I was in the clear, now I'm not so sure. What do you think Dr Bob. Am I in trouble?

If you had a negative HIV-antibody test outside the window period, your results are definitive, conclusive and WOO-HOO-able. HIV would not be your problem and hence, you could not possibly have a complication of HIV disease such as HIV-associated Kaposi's sarcoma.

To the untrained eye, many dermatologic conditions may "look like KS," but in reality they are not. I'd suggest you see your dermatologist and stop worrying about a disease you could not possibly have.

If your negative HIV tests was not outside the window period (three months from potential exposure) or if you have subsequently placed yourself at risk for HIV, then you should repeat your HIV-antibody test. It really is just that straightforward.

Poked by shirt pin in bar. Very Worried.
RN has questions...