The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Intense Watersports Risky?

Apr 27, 2011

I've searched the archives but can't find any timely mention of this specific matter, so I'll "Ask The Experts." This may sound pretty "fringe," but I know of dozens of men who, like me, are into it, and we can't be more than the tip of an iceberg nationally or internationally speaking. I love to be pissed in, especially anally, then drilled to oblivion with either a penis (using a condom), a toy or a gloved fist. Of course this is done on plastic sheets or on all fours straddling a bathtub. My question is, of course, is this dangerous from an HIV perspective. I'm already a long-term survivor and I only play with guys who are already infected, so is there much risk of cross infection if we take reasonable precautions? I guess someone had to ask this, wish it didn't have to be me! Thanks.

Response from Dr. Frascino


Urine that does not contain visible blood is not considered to be infectious for HIV. Consequently no increased HIV risk from water-sporting. Being "drilled to oblivion with either penis (using a condom), a toy, or a gloved fist" could increase HIV risk if local trauma to the delicate anal/rectal mucosa occurs. Consequently when being jackhammered halfway to heaven and back again, you'll need to follow the safer sex guidelines and avoid traumatizing your love canal.

Dr. Bob

Please help... I am freaking out
Chronic HBV, AIDS and colorectal cancers

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint