Atripla - Schedule change

Doc.

Thanks for getting back to me on the "working on the yachts with HIV" Question! I passed all my tests and start on the Yachts in Antibes in 2 weeks. Whoo hoo! 2 Questions:

1. I have been on Atripla now for nearly 8 weeks taking it every morning at 9...(damn... time fly when you have fun :-), I seem to still get a side effect of drouziness and lack of concentration a few hours after taking the meds.... I am worried that this will effect my work on the boats. On the other hand I am concerned that if I change to taking the Atripla at night before bed time that it will have a effect on my sleep...Which do you think will be best?

2. If I change from morning to evening.... how would I do this? Been on the web for answers but all are different... some say skip the next morning and only take the tablet at night... or do a hourly adjustment until it reaches bedtime....

Really appreciate your help and seriously dont know what I would have done without you guys....

Thanks n mil.

Poppey the sailor man. South Africa.

Hey Popeye the Sailor Man,

1. Most folks prefer taking Atripla at night. Side effects can be minimized by taking it in the evening on an empty stomach (at least two hours after dinner).

2. Because of the long half-life of the drugs in Atripla, you could skip the next morning dose and take the tablet beginning that same night on an empty stomach. Alternatively you could gradually move your dose forward, say by two or three hours, until you get to the desired time for an evening dose. (I prefer the second option.)

Good luck! Happy yachting!

can you get hiv from putting your foot in a mans backside
(2) Inconclusive Labs