Scared for a year, $100 Donation

Last July I hooked up with this guy with an unknown HIV status. We did not use a condom but there was no anal penetration. All we did was frot against each other, and I never saw any semen from him (it was dark in the room). I do remember however, that I was releasing pre-cum and I am worried that while we were frotting that he might have had some pre-cum come out of his penis and into mine, even though I could not get hard because I was drunk. He did give me oral later for a long time, and I know that he is sexually promiscuous. I deeply regret doing this and haven't had sex since then because I am afraid that I am HIV positive but I have been too scared to get tested because I am only 19 years old (he was 27). It was a serious mistake and I am worried sick that I have been HIV positive the last few months. If you answer this question, I will feel more encouraged to get tested to finally put this behind me. Please tell me what my chances of infection are or if I have anything to worry about. I will be making a 100 dollar donation as well to your charity.

Thank you and god bless,

Frottage is not considered a risk for HIV transmission/acquisition. Oral sex carries only a very minimal risk. The odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this drunken sexperience. Go ahead and get tested! (A rapid HIV test provides results in just a few minutes.) You'll be glad you did. I'm quite confident there is a "WOO-HOO" with your name on it just waiting for you to test.

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your definitive HIV-antibody test will be negative. I'm very confident it will indeed be negative.

Good luck! Happy Easter.

Second posting, please please do respond - undetectable VL, non-M subtype virus strain? - resubmitted form the Fatigue and Anemia Forum
Hamster Bite and HIV/HepC