Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

SCARED STUDENT SHOULD I STOP PEP LIVING IN HELL
Apr 25, 2011

Hi Doc Bob, remember me?

I don't know what to say, except I am living in hell. I still haven't gotten the HIV test after my possible exposure in November.Protected receptive anal sex(penetrating partner said condom didn't break) and unprotected receptive oral sex.

I feel HOT, like I am burning, all the time and I have canker sores in my mouth, these keep coming and going. I am to scared to get the HIV test. Is this neuropathy. Is neuropathy a HOT feeling or a BURNING feeling. How do I know whether what I am feeling is neuropathy.

I am so scared, religious upbringing not helping much. On the plus side, I have an appointment with a psychologist in early May. Hopefully that will help. Asked the top to get another HIV test and he refused(He already got 2 Negative tests in November, but could have been in window period).

SEND ME YOUR KARMA, I MUST get tested early MAY, I pray the results will be negative. I will let u know. One last question: will you be shocked if the results are positive.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Sorry to hear you're still struggling with your self-induced worried-well hell; however, I'm delighted you have an appointment with a psychologist in May, because your problem is indeed psychological. Your problem is not HIV, but rather irrational fear of being HIV infected. Your symptoms are consistent with anxiety, not HIV.

I'll send my good-luck karma that your definitive HIV-antibody test will be negative, but in reality I don't believe you need it. Your test will undoubtedly be negative.

If you were to test "positive," I would indeed be shocked and would advise that result was most likely a false positive!

Review the link below. My advice and assessment haven't changed.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Q211772.html

Previous
definitive HIV testing
Next
Remember Grandma from 9 years ago

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.