Could I have gotten infected?

Dr. Frascino, I sent this question below yesterday. Later today, I will be seeing a doctor and perhaps starting a regimen of PEP. I need a second opinion from you, an expert to ensure that I'm making the right decision. Taking PEP would probably be the safest way to go in terms of preventing HIV infection. However, my family has a history of Liver disease. So I am, at the same time, hesitant. I would greatly appreciate your answer to my question and promise to donate $100 to your foundation.

Doctor, please help me to understand and make a good decision.

Last night, I was at a bachelor party. During this bachelor party, I had sex with an escort. First she gave me a blow job, but unprotected. Soon after, I put a condom on and inserted in her. However, 2 or 3 minutes later, I got nervous and I got soft. So she gave me a blow job, with the condom on. When that didn't work, I took off the condom, and she gave me a blow job without the condom. I soon got hard, put another condom on, and inserted in her. About 5 minutes later, I finished. However, when I pulled out of her, I was surprised to see old period blood all over the condom and the bed. And now, I am living in fear.

I'm concerned, because after I inserted in her the first time with a condom on, I then got soft and so she then blew me with that same condom on. Could some of her old period blood gone into her mouth from the Condom. And when blowing me with the condom on didn't work, she gave me a blow job without the condom. Could that period blood that came off the condom and into her mouth, be going in me as she is giving me an unprotected blow job?

Second, as I started getting soft inside her, could some of her period blood seeped through into the condom from the base and on to my penis.

Third, if some of the splatter of her old period blood came in contact with my anal hole, could i contract HIV that way?

Afterwards, I did ask her if she was tested and explained to her that I was very concerned. She said that she got tested a month ago and she was negative. But as an escort, I'm not quite sure I can trust her words.

Please help me to understand if I should start taking PEP. I'm young and I have a family and 2 kids. I want to continue having kids, but at the same time, I don't want to destroy my liver from taking PEP.

Thank you in advance.

I would not recommend a course of PEP for this degree of HIV risk. Your concerns about old menstrual blood getting into your escort's mouth and then being transmitted to your Mr. Happy via an unprotected blow job are unwarranted.

It's unlikely a significant amount of blood would seep into a condom and get all the way up to the urethra (pee hole) even if Mr. Happy wasn't exactly standing at attention.

The chance old menstrual blood would splatter on your anus and cause an HIV infection is essentially nonexistent.

I would advise an HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark is all that's recommended.

Thank you for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending my good-luck/good-health karma that you are now and will forever be HIV free.

Good luck. Be well.

worried wreck ;)
HIV Antibodies 10 years after exposure