Rapid oral HIV test....almost at peace...just need your affirmation

Hi Dr Bob, I visited your forum about 6 years ago when I committed a very foolish unprotected sex mistake. I put myself through hell during the time while I was waiting in anguish for my ELISA test results - negative. Of course, who said that humans only err once? I made that same retarded mistake again in a 2-year relationship with a man who was unfaithful to me (note: past tense so I kicked his sorry ass). His status as of Aug 2010 was negative and that was around the time of my last exposure to him.

Fast forward.....today, 8 months later, I took the rapid Oraquick test. Negative. I'm almost celebrating. The technician said she would only recommend re-testing with Western Blot if the rapid test result is positive. I figured that since I'm past the 6-month mark, I should be entitled to celebrate. What do you think? If you say yes, I'm going to get a bottle of Dom Perignon.

Cheers!!

Pop the cork and save a glass of Dom for me! WOO-HOO!

AM I UNDER RISK
exercise, drink alcohol and smoke.