|AM I UNDER RISK
Apr 23, 2011
Sir i did anual with my friend in the month of jan 2011 during the process my condom tore and i got his blood tested for hiv and it was positive now after three months i got my blood tested by the following prcess that is HIV-1 &2antibodies, serum - microparticle, enzyme immuno-assay/electrochemiluminescence it was done yesterday and the result is non reactive am i safe or not please help
| Response from Dr. Frascino
You did "anual"??? OK, if you say so.
Because you had a significant HIV exposure (broken condom incident with a partner confirmed to be HIV infected), the current guidelines recommend HIV-antibody testing at both the three- and six-month marks. Your negative three-month result is extremely encouraging.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Do You Know If You Have Systemic Candidiasis?
- Anal Warts After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Dark Bumps After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Blowjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Testicles After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.