Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

wash or not wash my sperm
Apr 23, 2011

I plan to have a baby with my partner,my viral load is undetectable,cd4 is about 600.I feel well.My doctor told me it is almost 100 percent safe if I use a squirt to do the artificial insemination by my self and I do not need to have my sperm washed.Is this true?He told me a lot of people do this.Do you have some good advices?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

You got your pronouns mixed up. I can't tell if you are an HIV-positive woman with an HIV-negative male partner or if you are the HIV-positive male partner, as you mention ". . . I do not need to have my sperm washed." If indeed you are a positively charged woman with an HIV-negative male partner, I agree sperm washing is certainly not needed and the turkey baster method is perfectly safe. Take a read through the information in the archive chapters devoted to "pregnancy" and "magnetic couples." There you should find the information you desire, no matter what status you and your partner happen to have.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Desperately need your help!!!
Next
hiv negative after exposer but still showing symtoms

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.