Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

NOT THE FIRST to get HIV from ANALINGUS
Apr 22, 2011

Doc. Thank you. Donation made to the foundation. Please, if you see fit, post the bellow. You dont need to post the question at the end that one is for you. One last question so that I may move on.

For all the worry wells/hells.

Fever, sore throat, rashes... HIV NEGATIVE. Twitching, muscle pain, headaches..... HIV NEGATIVE Burning in the groin, upset stomach, diarrhea.. HIV NEGATIVE Anxiety, blurred vision, overall unease...HIV NEGATIVE No energy, loss of appetite no sex drive...HIV N-E-G-A-T-I-V-E!!!!!!!

The point... Simple. Only by getting tested can one know their status. I had all of the above symptoms starting 5 days after possible exposure and lasting to about 40 days. No doctor visit or re-reading of websites changed the way I felt. My 3 month test has been confirmed: HIV NEGATIVE. For all of you worrying try to breath. For all of you Poz, my thoughts are with you, you are braver than any soul I have met, and my only hope is that you are all living well and that the cure is just around the corner. Dr. Bob keep up the good work, without you and your fellow colleagues; we are truly left in the dark.

WOO FING HOO! ______

Dr my question quickly... So being that worry poorly type guy I was tested for lots.. my only lingering problem has been this sore throat/neck pain right below the jaw to the left side... there since day 1 after "analingus" if it's not strep or staph (swabbed) and it's not any STD's (checked for all except Herpes, but no blisters...) can you give me a guess as to what I should check for now.. it is preventing me from exercising as the pain increases and lead to headaches... sow what Im asking can you think of anything from the "sexual" contact perspective what this May be....

Thanks again doc.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to write and share your excellent news! WOO-de-fricking-HOO! Yours is yet another example of "symptoms" being unreliable predictors of who is HIV infected.

Thanks also for your very kind comments and support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). Both are warmly appreciated.

Regarding your question, it is difficult to evaluate a symptom over the Internet. You could have a sinus problem with associated postnasal drip down the left side. You might also have a chronic tonsillitis on that side or even an ear infection. None of the common causes for your current symptoms would be related to the "sexual" contact in question, particularly now that you've screened for STDs. I would suggest you see an ear, nose and throat (ENT) physician. He'll take a more complete medical history and examine the affected area. I'm confident this symptom will clear up with the appropriate care.

Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Oral Sex with a Condom
Next
PEP running out on condom breach

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.