Can bananas prevent HIV?
Apr 22, 2011
I was reading an article about Bananas supposedly being able to prevent HIV infection better than the 2 most current HIV drugs. This article seems completely bogus, but I wanted to ask an expert opinion before completely disregarding it.
I've provided the link, so you can read over the article if you'd like to.
I look forward to your response.
Response from Dr. Frascino
While I don't believe bananas work better than currently available antiretroviral drugs, the banana connection is not completely bogus. See archives link below.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Many Times Should You Get A Hepatitis B Vaccine?
- Chances Of Passing Hiv From Woman To Man
- What Does A Lack Of Serum Reactivity To An Hiv Test Mean?
- In Hiv If High Levels Of Protein Is Detected In The Urine Would I Have An Infection
- When Will You See Symptoms Of Herpes?
- What Percentage Of People Have Hpv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.