Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Safe ways of consuming semen...
Apr 21, 2011

Hello Dr. Bob,

This is likely the most bizarre question you've ever been asked.

I would like to introduce semen into my diet. I want to be certain that it can be done in a safe way (incase the semen in hiv infectious). Here are my questions?

1) Would adding semen into a scrambled egg mixture and then cooking it in a frying pan kill any hiv present? (How long or what temperature would I have to cook it for)?

2) Does freezing semen kill hiv?

3) Does diluting semen with water kill hiv?

4) Is eating semen in any of these ways a safe alternative from swallowing it right from the 'tap', so to speak?

5) Is there a potential risk of other STD's from doing this?

Thanks, Wannabe Semen Eater

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Wannabe Semen Eater,

The "most bizarre question" I've even been asked? Nah, although you might squeak into the top-25 category. So you want to add semen to your diet. Hmm. Might I inquire why? Sure, spunk could indeed be considered a high-protein snack, but then again so is trail mix.

Responding to your specific questions:

1. You want to load your scrambled eggs with a load of spunk? Well, OK. I wonder what such a concoction would be called on a menu at the local diner. Perhaps "Baby Batter Scramble?" Frying HIV would indeed kill it.

2. Freezing HIV also kills it. Are you planning a cum-flavored sorbet?

3. Yes, diluting HIV with enough water will render it noninfectious. Will you market it as "Sparkling Jizz Juice?"

4. From an HIV acquisition perspective, the answer would be yes. However, I must say most folks are not considering Julia Child's recipes when giving a routine blow job.

5. Nope. Same logic applies.

Dr. Bob

Previous
re: disclosure, need advice
Next
vaginal discharge touches wound on finger

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.