HIV Stats, transmission, worried

Hey doc, this is a follow up to another question I had asked Dr. Robert previously. I said that in 3rd grade I had touched another 3rd grade girl's vagina, not fingered or anything.

I keep thinking of new circumstances in which I think if I could get HIV. Like, I keep thinking what if I had a cut or something, but even then, there were no vaginal fluids, and I'm pretty sure I did not have an open cut at the time, wouldn't you notice?

I guess ultimately my question is, have you ever had a case where kids (literally 8 year olds) were just touching around, and something happened via open wound? I mean, I guess if I'm worrying about this, it probably has the same probability of some adult shaking hands with other adults, and I read that there are only 140 kids in the US who actually have HIV, and like almost all of them were via mother, and the rest would probably be by rape/abuse?

Also, another doctor in the forums said that there have been no cases of transmission to be reported from fingering or anything, and I didn't even do that, just touched the outside of the vagina, and that too it was an 8 year old. I have some sort of hypochondria I think. Thank you for the help.

"I have some sort of hypochondria I think." I definitely agree, except I would leave off the "I think" part! Dude, your perseveration on this non-exposure from your early childhood is a sign of an underlying psychiatric problem.

Irrational obsession (yours clearly qualifies!) on a disease can be related to underlying problems with depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder or hypochondria. Obsessing on HIV may be easier than dealing with more challenging and difficult issues, such as guilt or anxiety about sexuality. I strongly recommend you seek psychotherapeutic counseling to address your problem.

Is it possible to get HIV like this? Worried!!! HELP! Aug 1, 2010

I hope to donate money to your good cause.

8 years ago when I was in 3rd grade, this 3rd grade girl persuaded me to touch her vagina and breasts. That's all that I did, no fingering or anything. And then I believe she touched my penis. Is it possible to get HIV just by touching a vagina? I am a sort of hypochondriac, so I get nervous easily. I get physicals every year, and my doctor tests my blood and all, and it is always good. I have not tested for HIV yet, but I am wondering if it is possible?

You're worried about a little touchy-feely incident in the 3rd grade??? Dude, you would only have been eight-years-old. Frevinsakes!!!!

As for "I am sort of a hypochondriac," I agree, except you can leave out "sort of!"

Your fears are totally irrational and completely unwarranted.

Is it possible to get HIV like this? Nov 5, 2010

Dr, I wish to donate good money to your cause.

This is a follow-up to a question I had asked a few months ago. I asked if it was possible to get HIV when I touched a 3rd grade girl's vagina, and she touched my penis. You said it was not really possible to get HIV, and I agree. But then I started to think "what if she touched her vagina, got fluids on her hands(can 8 year olds get fluids?), and touched my penis. Please help me with this, as you know I am sort of a hypochondriac. Thanks

What do you mean "sort of a hypochondriac"? There is nothing "sort of" about it. You are a full-blown loony-tunes fluffernutter. My assessment remains unchanged. Now stop worrying about the touchy-feely game you played when you were eight-fricking-years old. No risk! Frevinsakes! I can't say it any plainer than that!

Needle HIV
Cigarette smoking and mental health