anxiety and guilt. Do I need to test

Hello Dr. Frascini:

About 10 daya ago I had encounter with a couple of sex workers in canada. This was first time in my life and I dont know what I was thinking. It was protected vaginal sex with both. After the encounter I didi not check my condom but there was any tear or leak I would probably know when I got up to remove thw condom. But the incident has left me worried and thinking all the time. What if the condoms were poor quality, what if there were hole or my penis was exposed. I have main partner and have never had multiple partners in life. I think some time poor judgement puts you in this kind of tense state. These sex workers work from their condos not the street workers.Please assess my risk. Do I need any tests.

Thanks a lot I willbe sending a donation.

Your HIV-acquisition risk would be essentially nonexistent, assuming the latex condoms were used appropriately and did not fail (break). I agree that when a latex condom breaks, it usually does so very dramatically. Mr. Happy's head usually comes poking out of the condom, just like your head pokes through a turtleneck sweater. I agree your problems are "anxiety and guilt." The primary reason to consider HIV testing would be to gain psychological peace of mind. Should you test, wait until the three-month mark so that your test result will be definitive and conclusive.

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). I'm sending my good-luck/good-health karma that you are now and will forever be HIV free.

reactive P24 in indeterminate western blot (PREGNANCY AND INDETERMINATE WESTERN BLOT RESULT, 2011)
False positive with the PCR test